Friday, February 27, 2009

Youtube Videos + God makes us happy?

I finally uploaded my first YouTube video. Pretty exciting stuff. I have repeatedly tried to upload Switchfoot live in Sinagapore concert performances, but its keeps stopping at 95%. Ugh pisses me alot. I guess this would help me avoid legal issues from EMI or something haha.

If you want Singapore Switchfoot videos i got two. (24 and Awakening). But i was pretty new with the camera, so the zooming in and out can be abit irritating lol.

Anyway I think I was waiting for something or what I dunno it was after church I think... This busker at White Sands was playing my favourite song (Knockin' On Heaven's Door). So I videoed him. Later he did Let It Be, another beautiful song. You can also see this video on my Facebook





Sometimes I wish I have the time to stop and watch buskers for extended periods of time. Some of them are really talented like this one.

I have 3 or 4 or more videos that I feel like uploading. I might go back to my old craze of doing stop-motion videos too haha.

Since we are at the topic of videos, heres a really funny one i saw recently! Old people are sexy.



The first one was pretty bad, like a Methodist church Holy Communion done wrong.. But the rest just cracks me up! The Ridin' Dirty one is actually quite impressive.

====================================================================================
====================================================================================

Does God wants us to be happy? LG session made me think about this. Jesus said stuff like love your neighbour or obey God, but not stuff like "Be happy dude".

I mean, God even says we'll have suffering and hurt. Sometimes, obeying God feels like a chore, like loving not-so-lovable people or serving in Church. Does that make me happy?

But then again, the Bible never said God did not want us to be happy. (The old twist the statement around argument technique lol)

I guess if we live our lives out like how God would want us to, joy would come in as, for the lack of better word, side-effect. Loving others obviously makes one happy, despite the repercussions that come with it. Serving God is also something that gives me great joy too.

God promises to bless us in the Bible. There's no hard and fast rule that one of the blessings He'll give is happiness, but definitely true "clean" (not sin-induced) happiness should come from God. Besides He also blesses us with other cool stuff. If being alive, with sufficient food to eat, a roof over our heads, basic human rights like education and even luxurious stuff does not at least make us content, let alone happy, we need to look back and count our blessings.

And the joy that one gets when earnestly worshiping God... whats that? Its not just some "happiness"...Its much much more than that. Its something I can't really explain in words.

No comments: