Friday, February 6, 2009

The week in summary

Many stuff happened this week. I'll get the bad parts done and over with:

I did not know how to do a single question for the last 3 quizzes. Not one. So its 30% in the toilet. X/
Its time to chiong for main exams liao.


Timbre Tuesday:

The last time I went to timbre was when i was 14 or 15 with my brother. The band was Ublues AKA Universal Blues Band, one of Singapore's forerunner Blues band. If they perform again sometime you guys must follow me and watch them. Thats an order.

We wanted to watch Goodfellas doing an acoustic set. Goodfellas is a pretty good bad (pun not intented). So when they swapped the band for some other group I got really dissapointed...They were not very fantastic, just another coffeehouse band. The problem is that they chose songs that were "normal" and already acoustic. You know, the Jason Mraz and John Mayer stuff. (John Mayer, live, is a hot Blues player! Stop listening to his studio work ppl)

They did got interesting when they played Justin Timberlake. It really got everyone's attention when the did LoveStoned. It brought back memories of S.R.C. It shows how much potential they have if they chose the right songs. They got a nice bassist and an above-average singer who can do falsetto. Maybe they just need more experience.

The songs they chose kinda stirred up not-too-distant memories:

Apologize by OneRepublic: If you are from BIE and u are reading this blog, chances are u know what i mean ^^ We need to jam again!

Creep by Radiohead: We were singing this songs in my cousin's cousin house during CNY. I don't know their uncle/my auntie's-in-law's husband, but when he saw me trying to figure out the chords to Creep, he joined in... haha, my cousins and him were singing the bridge part... Thats what my auntie meant by "music brings everyone together".

Lovestoned by Justin Timberlake: The song the dance team danced to during Solid Rock Cafe.
I wish there would be another SRC. Then we can have a Hard Apple Fan Choi reunion gig!

Where is my Goodfellas!?!!?!? They should at least put the change on their website! gggggrrr...

Oh, i got drunk.





This is me with a huge glass of Coca-Cola. I didn't know it was spiked

This was my vision before i drank the coke.








After a few sips, my vision was like this:




Its was powerful stuff. Half of the stuff and i was gone.



at this point of time all i saw were neon-light emitting fairies flying everywhere:




It was inevitable. Here is a kind stranger checking if I was alright. Thanks mate


When i woke up i was here:





Wednesday: Got a proper haircut finally!

Thursday: End of a damn irritating CDS! + A pleasant surprise

After lunch i went to the bookstore to buy a cd for my presentation... As i pass by there was a live band! AND FOR THE FIRST TIME I KNEW EVERY SINGLE SONG A BAND PLAYED DURING A GIG

Whiskey In A Jar - Metallica's rendition
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple (a song that is perfect as a Classic Rock 101 introduction)
Paranoid - Black Sabbath

To understand the big deal over Classic Rock, listen to these 4 songs. These are is a goodClassic Rock starter-pack songs.

Useful information on why ppl listen to classic rock! Click! Its true! But i belong to neither section... mine is not parents or friends, its brother. haha

=================================================================

We had one last burst... A final final presentation for our project! I took Management of Enterprise btw

It was all over... the crapping of reports... the wednesday long meetings...the calling of Mediacorp and other advertising companies pretending to be a legit business enquiring about the cost of advertising.... the whole damn thing is over. I thought my leader would be even more bossy towards the end... but strangely he did opposite and mellowed. I guess he knew everyone did their part, and everyone did.

Finally! Its over! I have emerged from this, with some business skillz, and a little pride from enduring this unneccesarily overbearing subject.. Ooooooooooh yeah

Friday: "First" LG session for the year + Songwriting and guitaring in BIE clubroom

Haha Jason, Wyman and I went to the clubroom to "study"... fail! Hafiz was playing guitar, AND HE'S A DAMN GOOD SINGER. He got the ang-moh kind of voice... Basically he's a stereotype mat haha. He plays "normal" guitar better than me, i.e. He has a good sense of timing and is gentle on the strings, unlike me.


Then we tried to play other songs. I was the handicap: I was the only one among the 3 of us who could at least strum some chords, but i didn't know any chinese songs except Jay Chous, Fish Leong and Na Bian De Nu Hai.. -.- But we finally found one that i could strum to,a David Tao R/B song. Damn nice

Then we tried to write songs using Jason's poems. Wyman was on to something with Jason's Chinese zuo pin. I was on to something on his poem "Melancholy Angel"... then Hafiz came back from prayers, saw what we were doing and joined in. His interpretion of Melancholy Angel thrashes mine!!!! Urgh... not fair! I gave him the chords!!! He's a great singer and i'm tone-deaf! Haha now it wont do justice to impose my melody on it, so i guess I'll use it for my own songs.

=============================================================

wWe had our first "proper" official LG session for the year. The new book that we were going to use as our LG material was pretty exciting. It had the run-of-the-mill material you would find in any group study. BUT it did more than that. Half the book were group studies, the other half is pretty cool stuff. Accountabilty stuff (so i won't pretend to get drunk again!), extra-Bible study help, MEMORY VERSES, prayer logs.... It was a whole QT starter-pack material! It even had a page on "Group Covenant" where we would have to sign later....

Why so serious??? Lol.... looking forward to the lg sessions of this year.

AND we merged lgs...Thankfully not too many of them made fun of me and Michele. Luckily that ah piu never come.... He would have a freaking field day with us. Urgh.


Oh, and thanks for the little belated 2nd febwuawy celebwation.

No comments: