Friday, February 26, 2010

The Swan Song Of Ben's Blogging

Thats it, exams have ended, and I want to end blogging too... I'm not the kind of person who gets back home and write little snippets of what I did with people you don't know and how I felt and how angsty I am and things like that. No. If i wanted that I would keep a diary, and NONE of you will be privy to it. I mean, would you really care about the inside jokes that I make with my clique of friends that you are not part of? Maybe you do. In that case, lurk facebook.

I belong more to the not so new breed of bloggers, people who prefer to just put a nice picture on the blog and caption it, or a image of some words that people will read because its in an jpeg file and its a different font. Or the blogsite for low attention span ppl: twitter.

But I don't like putting up pictures I didn't take or drawings I didn't draw or poetry I didn't write or songs I didn't sing (or at least didn't sing in tune). I don't wanna rip others off. Sure, stuff like that is nice, great to read and gawk at, meaningful even, but for me, I don't feel that I should put up other people's hard work so that my blog has something interesting to read. Not trying to diss the rest who do, its just that I can't do it. But YOU can, because you have the gift of finding the right images or words, or even the habit to spread cool stuff you found. You make the most interesting blogs. But i'm not you.

So thats two kinds of blogs I read that I won't write.

Instead, I kinda thought of an ambitious project that'll probably fail but its worth a shot. Its a compromise of a "standard" blog where you tell the world what you did and feel, with the other kind of blog i can't name, and an art page.

Anyway, I need an outlet for my crazy imagination that i lock myself into, that make me seem to be in my own world, that defines the kook that is Ben Leong.

Doug will be involved. He also has a friend name Katt. I can't decide if Katt is a boy or girl, maybe its grandfather was this famous one.

I really don't know what the eff I'm doing. But I want to do it well.

So its goodbye for beninhisden, which will now become a cesspit of blogmemes or mundane miscellany and a archival webpage. It also has a useful links section to better blogs.

If the procrastination will stop anytime soon,

Thezenofben.worpress.com will be activated.

Ramblin' on.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Your blog is confusing yet amazing! I still want to see a pic of Katt and Dawg D: <

Kat said...

Oh sorry, I mean Doug