Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yay Primary School

If you enjoyed your primary school years, you'll do it.
If you have nothing else to do, you'll do it.
If you're here to read the questions/answers and pretend to hate to do it, deep down you'll still do it.

This tag is so fun because the answers can go on and on.
Read if you miss your PRIMARY school years.

1) Which school did you go to?
Anglo-Cheenis School (Primary). Back then it was called Anglo-Cheenis Primary School I think.

2) What classes were you in?
(1-5)B, 6C.

3) What was/were your favourite lesson(s)?
Art. In primary 3 or4 I was so proud because my teacher showed my House-Theft-Prevention Poster artwork to the class. She wanted to make an example of NOT drawing stick figures I think, because mine wasn't one.

4) If you could remember, what time was your recess?
I think it was 9.30-10.00 for lower Primary, and 10.00-10.30 for upper Primary

5) List down your favourite food/snacks.
Ling Yong Pau.

1) Did you have a nickname way back in primary school?
Ostrich, Benis, Benis Leongcock, Ben Boy (but only my tutor called me that)

2) How did you wear your socks?
Primary school was the opposite of Secondary school. The taller your socks, the cooler you were.

3) Have you been suspended due to the way you put on your uniform?
No, only reprimanded and scolded. Got detention for uniform in secondary school though.

4) Were you given plenty of reminders about your appearance?
I had one of the most pimpled faced in primary 5-6, so everyone teased me about it lol. In secondary school, It was their turn to have disgusting pimples and I had a pretty good complexion, so I had my silent revenge. muahaha.

5) Who did you look up to when you were in primary school?
I was pretty tall so I didn't really look up to anyone.

Punishment

1) Name one memorable scene where you were punished in front of the whole class.
Too many to recall. All for petty reasons like not bringing textbook or homework, talking, etc.

2) How many times did you skip class? What were you doing?
I only started skipping classes in secondary school.

3) Give one scene where you escaped from being caught/punished.
I was chatting with my friend in primary 6 maths class, and he was one of the weaker students. The teacher caught me and asked me to leave. I lied to her that I was explaining the question to him. She bought the excuse and continued the lesson.

After school, I was in the canteen, the teacher saw me and came to me. And she apologised to me. I know I should have felt guilty about lying but deep down inside I was briming with pride about my own devioius craftiness.

4) Did you vandalize any school property
Tables, textbooks, and library megazines. In secondary school I progressed to walls and windowsills. Even library yearbooks were not spared, but my friends started it, so its not my fault.

5) Did you ever make any teacher cry?
Don't think so, but I made a teacher swear. BLOODY SHIT!!!!

6) Who was your favourite teacher?
Mrs Tay(?), the maths teacher I was talking about just now. She was kind of a bitch actually, and was biased towards brighter students, but the way she forced us to do our homework and spammed us with endless maths remedials towards PSLE caused most of us to improve our maths drastically. When not in a maths mood, she's nice.

Lee Lao Shi, my primary 6 chinese teacher. She knew I was pretty bad in Chinese but she never gave up on me and kept encouraging me.

7) Describe your DM.
I don't really remember much about my primary school DMs so I shall talk about the Barker Road ones.

They were my nemesis.

The worst one was, can't even be bothered to remember his name properly(Mr Sim i think), had something against me. I always kena him for all the small reasons. I remember when a few of us in the class was pulled out for long hair, my hair was actually quite short (but still violating school rules). Yet he pulled me out and scrutinized me up down left right, and overlooked the others with even longer hair.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't have grudges against past teachers, but I didn't really like him lah.

8) Who was the funniest/weirdest/loudest teacher?
Once again, too many to recall. All were funny, weird and loud.

Social Circle

1) Were you popular back then?
Don't think so

2) Were you in a big group of boys/girls or small ones?
If the students I hanged out with in ACS were girls, I would be seriously disturbed...

3) Who were your best friends?
I don't really like the term "best friend". My "close friends" changed every year with new class arrangements.

4) Did you and your friends have nicknames?
Yeah, but can't really remember them

5) What were your favourite memories of you and your friends?
The freedom we perceived we had as kids. The infantile joy of running around outside the school area before after-school activities. Exploring the same school compound over and over again, but each time it was a new navigation expedition. Making sick jokes involving body parts and sex.

But the best was still what I call the School-Bus Shenanigans. You can virtually do anything in the bus until the driver got pissed and stopped the bus. Games like murderer, time-bomb, Happy Family card game, wrestling, crawling below the seats for no apparent reason, stripping ourselves naked for no apparent reason too were the best road-trip activities ever. The climax was when the driver has reached his boiling point because of the noise, and he'll pull over and scold us in a mixture of Mandarin and Hokkien.

ALL school-bus drivers are psychos (in a fun kind of way)

Co-curricular Activities

1) What type of CCA were you in?
I was in Praise Club for about 3 years, Its a Christian club where we play games and stuff.
I tried out Golf, but it didn't work out. In primary 5 and 6 i was forced to quit because of maths remedials.

2) What did you have to bring to your CCA?
Praise Club notebook, these had stickers of Bible verses, a Bible-reading programme. If you followed the program, and did other cool stuff like attending meetings early or behaving well, you earn coupons which you can redeem for awesome stuff at the last meeting of the month. Ice cream and toy telescopes, thats one reason why God created Bible-reading.

Oh, and golf clubs.

3) What did your CCA required you to do?
Sing sunday school songs, do sunday school stuff.
Swing the club and whack the ball into the hole.

4) Got injured?
I was punished for being too tall in primary 1 by banging my head on the fire extinguisher when I tried to run under it. Hurt like hell. Parents were called up and they rushed me to a clinic. Quite a waste, because it was not an ordinary school-day that time. It was after exams i think, and they ahd some Halloween costume contest.

Crushes/Lovers (In primary school???? come on....)

1) Who was your first crush?
If i had any crushes in any of my schoolmates in ACS, others would be seriously disturbed by me.

2) Are you in good terms with your last crush?
Oh, we made out every minute every hour every day on the school porch.

3) Did you ever had a relationship with anyone in your primary school?
I had sexual relationships with everyone with two legs when i was 7 years old.

4) Have you ever made out in school?
Sex-machine was my middle name. Playing was my game.

Closing Ceremony

1) How did primary school changed you?
I always thought primary school formed you, not change you. Thats the job for secondary school.

2) Sing one verse of your school song.
In days of yore from western shore. Old ham dun less he row came.

3) What was your favourite question?
Can't remember. In secondary school it was "Where do babies come from?"

4) Who/what will you remember from your primary school?
The carefree imagination we all had. The sense of invincibility. The times where you did not need to study at all and you can still score well. Being allowed to act like retarded kids, because afterall, we WERE retarded kids. (Now we're just retarded teens)

5) Any memories you will not forget.
Scoring the winning goal during one soccer match. Never scored a proper goal for the next 10 years of my life. That's why God created rugby.
Everything I done with friends OUTSIDE school lessons.

No comments: